Picture gliding on a river in a boat, through lovely mangroves that are abuzz with chirps. Beautiful, isn’t it? A morning safari at the Madu Ganga and Bentota River rewards you with this very charming experience.
The more you sail, the more the river divulges. Its water monitors swim along, the blue-eyed cormorants perch atop dead branches, while fruit bats hang asleep, upside down onto the greener branches. A common, but very endearing sight is of infant monkeys clinging onto fishermen as they sail across the river on narrow boats. You might even spot a few crocodiles and water snakes in the river.
While you lose yourself to these fascinating animal sightings, there are a few other spectacles that await you. In the middle of Madu Ganga is a tiny rocky island which houses a tinier temple. And if you sail a distance, you’ll spot the estuary. The calmer rippling water meeting the gushing waves makes for quite a profound statement. Probably about how today’s relentless hard work is rewarded with bigger opportunities in due course.
- Board the boat and start enjoying your Madhu River Safari.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
Booking & Payment Terms
- Filling up the booking form online will not guarantee you a confirmed booking. Once the booking form is submitted, an agent will review and reply with the instructions on how to get your booking confirmed.
- Each and every payment will be issued an invoice.
- Reservations will be placed in the order of advance payment dates. To guarantee your booking on your requested date, we recommend you to pay the advance payment as soon as possible.
- Prior to receiving the booking confirmation, you will be asked to make an advance payment of 30% of the total package value and before starting the tour the rest of the payment must be paid in full.
- Every addition except for the items mentioned in the package inclusions will be priced separately.
- 3 days or less – 100% cancellation charge.
- Above 3 days – No cancellation charges provided no commitment or advances are made to 3rd parties.